Monday, April 19, 2010

Dinner Ideas

Thanks so much for starting this blog. You are amazing and I'm so glad to have such a great friend for motivation. Thanks for those recipes. I'm excited to try them. The Jello sounds great. OK, so I'm sitting in bed and don't have my cookbooks with me and I'm too lazy to go get them so I don't have my recipes so I'll have to add them later but here is just a taste of what you have to look forward too:
Southwest Tex Mex salad
Sesame Chicken (a family favorite)
Pork and Black Bean Stir fry
Cabbage Salsa
Chicken Parmesan


Angel Lush Cake
1 Angel Food Cake
1 pkg sugar free fat free vanilla pudding
1 can crushed pineapple, not drained
1 container fat free cool whip
Fresh Strawberries

Pour the can of pineapple, juice and all into a bowl. Mix in the package of pudding mix and stir together. Add 1 cup cool whip and mix. Put into the fridge to chill.
Meanwhile, cut the top off of the angel food cake. Spread the pineapple mix over the cake and top with fresh sliced strawberries then replace the top of the cake. Frost the cake with the remaining cool whip and garnish with sliced strawberries. Yummy and light. Makes for a good summer dessert.

Chicken Balls
1 package reduced fat crescent rolls
1 package fat free cream cheese softened
2-3 chicken breasts cooked and cut into small cubes
3-4 stalks green onions chopped
1 can 98% fat free cream of chicken soup

Mix the chopped chicken, softened cream cheese, and green onions together. Place a spoonful in the middle of each crescent roll and pull the dough up around the mixture and form it into a ball. Place on a lightly greased cookie sheet. Bake at 350 degrees until roll is golden brown and fully cooked.

Meanwhile place the chicken soup in a saucepan with just enough water to make it a gravy like consistency and warm it up. Pour over the chicken balls when ready to serve. This is a good and easy meal that we usually like to eat with a green salad and flavored rice.


Just a side note, some things that I have found that I like to eat and are decent points values are fiber bars..only 2 points each and come in lots of delicious flavors. The carmel one is really good. Also, Rhodes rolls are something I like to keep on hand to make because each roll only has 2 points and they make for a good side dish to lots of dinners and soups. A tootsie pop is only 1 point and it satisfies that candy craving and lasts awhile so it makes it well worth the one point. I also like the fat free pringles. The sour cream and onion ones are really good and you can have like 14 chips for 1 point. Rad.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.